Wednesday, December 28, 2011




This plaid fleece/flannel quilt is what I gave to Damon's oldest brother for Christmas this year. I decided I was going to make it for him a couple days after Thanksgiving. Yikes. I worked like mad to get it done and ran into a billion problems along the way, mainly involving running out of fabric more times then one ever should.


I really wanted to quilt it myself, to save money, but it was too thick.  I used polar fleece which made it impossible for my little sewing machine to get through. I gave up pretty quick and called my quilter lady. I love her, she saved the day!




I asked her to just do a simple meandering throughout and she added the loops on the border on her own accord. It's lovely! She got it back to me a week before Christmas. Plenty of time to do the binding. And I wold have pulled the binding off, without a hitch, but, I, awesomely, cut the binding half an inch too small. Awesome indeed.
On any other quilt it would not have mattered a single bit. But, because of the mamouthnuss of this thing, it was a living nightmare to get on. If it wasn't for time constraints and just being sick of spending money on this quilt, I would have gone out and just bought more fabric to make a new binding.
Anyway, I wrapped it up all pretty and I gave it to him.
I hope it liked it.


P.S. I have no idea why blogger is refusing to print all of my words in pretty font. 
Not cool.


1 comment:

  1. Clair, you amaze me!! Do you truly know how talented you are? And what an amazing person you are to make such beautiful quilts only to give them away!! Thanks for being such a wonderful example to me!

    ReplyDelete