Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Dear Sue,

I was thinking about what you said and you are right, I should post about my little sewing adventures. As small and insignificant as they may be, they are still mine. 

I made this 'Christmas Sampler Stitchery" to give to my mil for Christmas and hoped to make one for dear Esther as well, but, I don't know if she'll get hers for Christmas. This little ol' project took a lot longer then one would think at first glance!  

I believe it turned out and looks splendid! Though, I wish I knew how to piece together the lettering.
I really do despise applique. I don't think I'm very good at it. What I really need to do is learn how to
do the fancy applique where they do a tuck and a blind stitch.
Do you know how to do that?
Maybe we could learn together. :)
We make a great pair, you and I!

Oh, not to forget, do you love the meandering?
Guess who felt adventurous and took it on.
Damon.
It was all him. And. he. did. awesome!
Quilting this has unleashed the quilting beast in him and now he wants to 
quilt everything!
Awesome.
I'll be picking up some clerance fabric for him to practice on for our next
wifey and hubby quilting project.
See, quilting is good, it brings marriages together. ;)

P.S. None of this would be possible without you!
You gave me this pattern way back when.
Do you remember?
I think warmly of you every time I pull out my little Christmas 'Tidings Art to Heart' book.
With gratitude I thank you!

I'm going to make one of these for everyone that I know!
No one is safe, no one!

No comments:

Post a Comment