Monday, December 28, 2020

Damon's Christmas Quilt

I made this little quilt for my dear Damon. Even though I was making another labor intensive quilt at the same time, it didn't phase me much because of how this quilt was designed to be made. It was intended to be an easy block of the month quilt. So having instructions that only allowed me to focus on one portion of the quilt at a time ultimately was my saving grace.

I really like it and think it is completely splendid.

I hand stitched this above tree a few years ago to give to a friend. When I was done, Damon took one look at it and said we needed to make a quilt with. So I kept it but all it did was gather dust as it became forgotten. I was thrilled when I stumbled upon it and thought it was very fitting to use for the label for this quilt. 

The writing on the label reads: 
Damon, Embedded in every fiber, thread, and grain, 
we match, we rhyme, we fit. I love you! 
Clair
And of course, I love Lainey's quilting! Perfect as always.



 I came across a blog where I happened to know the author. She was writing about her husband and his wonderfulness to her. I was thinking, as I read, how much the loving things she was describing of him sounded just like my own husband. I truly am so lucky to have Damon. He betters my life in every way. We have a good, fun, happy marriage with very little fighting. We love being with each other, talking to each other. A friend told me once that she didn't know what she was going to talk to her husband about once all her children moved out. I was grateful at that moment for a husband I love to talk to. Something I also love about Damon is that he is never critical of me or tries to make me feel bad in anyway. I feel like over the years of being married, I have became a better person. But not because I had someone hounding or scolding or passive-aggressively telling me to be better. If I'm better at all, it's because I had someone gently holding my hand, lovingly leading me along. Someone like Damon is rare. He is a blessing that my loving Heavenly Father gave to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment