Monday, May 27, 2013



  I made this Chevron quilt for Damon's friends who just had their first baby.  They live in Pittsburgh and are Steeler's fans, so I wanted it to be black and yellow.  



  I picked out 1930's reprints for the black and yellow, and used thangles to make the design--it was very simple!  


  Unfortunately, I used grey thread to sew it together, and didn't realize that when it was all done you'd be able to see the grey thread through the white fabric, causing it to look dingy. It was so disheartening too since I had it custom quilted.   




For the inspiration for the quilting, I found this on pinterest.  I was really in love with it.  The quilting that my quilter did wasn't exactly like this, but she did a really good job!


For the backing I just used the remander of the yellow and black fabric.


The name of the quilt is actually 1930s Chevron, but this was the first tag that I made a little mistake on (it accidentally said 1980s Chevron on this tag!)

Love you two!

No comments:

Post a Comment