Friday, May 3, 2013



This quilt right here is a quilt for one of Damon's pals that lives in upstate New York.  I named it "chocolate flowers.'   Damon actually did most of the work on this. He picked out the colors and pattern, he cut the squares, and sewed them into rows.




I sewed the rows together and did the boarders.  The binding I initially attempted a decorative machine stitch again, but it was a disaster and I hated it.  I tried to pick it out, but the intricate machine stitches were so small that I couldn't get it out.  So in desperation I decided to undo a bit of the binding that hadn't been stitched on, cut into it, and just put a new binding over the old binding stretch that had the machine stitching on it.

I was going to hand-stitch the binding on after that, but Damon wanted to machine sew it on in a straight line so he did.  I have been completely and utterly converted back to hand-stitching the binding on after this experience!


The backing.





Close up of the brown and pink grunge.  I love the way the pink thread used in the quilting drifts in and out of being visible on this quilt from the brown areas and then onto the pink & patterned areas of the quilt.

I can't wait to show you my next quilt! It's a chevron, with 1930's and I had it custom quilted!

No comments:

Post a Comment