Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Valentines is here! Yay! Yay! I agree with this holiday. I want more like it. A day that we are encouraged to let everyone know how much we like them. Where we are a bit kinder, softer. We give more smiles and hugs. We tell others of only the things we love about them. We give love freely and see the wonderful effects in motion. It's beautiful! Let's agree to do this everyday. It just makes sense.

I am pleased with my Valentines stitches that I made. However, I do wish the photos were a little bit better. Our main computer is experiencing technical difficulties and I couldn't get the photos of these two stitcheries off my phone onto Damon's computer. I finally did get them onto a computer and into photo shop. However, I now can not find them. So these are what I have to work with. Even though I know there are better ones somewhere out there in cyber land. 

I made two little stitches this year, both for wonderful friends. I had the idea to make the 'Believe' stitch to look like a tag. My first time trying to make a tag and it turned out okay. The trim purposely has a messy look. Mainly because that is my favorite kind of look. I know it's not for everyone, I love it!

 

I'm very excited about my fabric envelope!


I've never made one of these before. If I was allotted more time I would have put little x's on the seems instead of the straight line and that would have made it cuter. I am anticipating making more of these someday.


The little fabric letter is the part that is killing me. I found the most adorable font to use. Seriously, this gorgeous font made me so happy! Unfortunately, it's really a hard font to stitch. As a result I decided to use Sticky Fabric-Solvy instead of tracing it onto the fabric. Because I did, the floss went wacky on many of the stitches in every single letter!  It looks really bad. Sadly, because of the difficult font I couldn't just re-do it. I had no time. I felt sad giving a subpar stitchery to my friend.


Notwithstanding, the quote is amazing! It's Jane Austen's "There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature." I love this quote. This is how I conduct my life and really only trust others that do the same. Whenever I read this quote; my friend, that I made this for, pops into my head. This is how she conducts her life, too. Further, this quote would have been perfect for my other valentine friend as-well. I just felt like she needed the 'believe" valentine that I gave her.




No comments:

Post a Comment