Sunday, September 7, 2014



Today my neighbor told me that she killed two of her chickens. 
Not just any chickens, but chickens I was quite found of. These two black chickens were best friends with 'my' chicken, Chicken Big (who actually is my other neighbor's chicken, but she lives at my house(the chicken. not the neighbor)). 

I must tell you that I am sad. My heart hurts. 
I loved watching the flock run together. They were pals they keeped each other company. 

I think my chicken misses her friends.

Anyway. For Enrichment we had a service auction where I offered to make a boy or girl baby quilt. The gal who won my offer wanted a boy quilt. And let me tell you--I was going to make this splendid & wonderful quilt. I designed it right away and was so excited. 

But then I cut the fabric out wrong.
And ended up having to make a patchquilt. And see that red border? 
I hate it. 
I couldn't decide what color to go with and went with red. Uck.
And while I'm at it... I don't like the outer border either.
And I'm not too fond of the backing.
So there you go.



I do like the name that I gave the quilt: Little Bunny Foo Foo.

Even though I don't like this quilt so much; I must dedicate it to my chicken's lost friends.
Rest in peace chickies-- as chickens should.


So anyone having chicken for dinner? =)

2 comments:

  1. Clair, Judd wants to kill our three older chickens, just for the experience. I actually am excited to learn also. As a child we did this every summer (that was our meat for the winter) but I mostly did the plucking of the feathers. I love your quilts Clair, and I think you are always your worst judge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sue! You know, I don't think I would have been as sad if they had use the meat for food. But they didn't. They needed the room in their chicken coop for new layers and didn't want to feed them anymore. They also said the meat would of been no good because the chickens were too old. This is all fine. I'm not judging them. I do think knowing how to kill and clean your own chickens is a valuable skill to have. Though, I really don't think I could do it. :)

    ReplyDelete