Monday, November 5, 2012

Hello, Dear Sue!

I've missed you and think of you a whole lot.  :) 

I've finished a baby quilt that I made for a dear friend who is about to give birth any day now. 
My ward had a service action where I donated an offer to make a baby blanket. The lady that won my donation told me she wanted it to give to my friend, Janae, who I wanted to make a baby blanket for anyway. Win-win!
It has minky for the back side.  My first time working with minky. And wow, I love the stuff, it's great! I can't keep my hands off it. I just hate the cost. So mean. Won't be working with minky again for a long, long time.


Damon quilted it! We both are now certified to work on My Girlfriend's Quilt Shoppe's long arm. But he is the one who knows how to work it. He is so talented, seriously. This guy puts me to shame! 
No contest.
He did such an awesome job! He's so good to humor me. 

All the fabrics I already had in my stash (expect the minky). Which makes me sooo happy!
I feel justified in all the yards of fabric I buy when I can whip up a lovely quilt without having to stop by the shop. This was an easy quilt too. It was such a nice breath for fresh air to finally be working on something easy. It was rejuvenating.


So, back to everyday life.  I sliced my finger today with my rotary cutter. Nice. So much blood came pouring out I thought I was going to die.

 Let's talk soon.
xoxo!

3 comments:

  1. Clair, you are so amazingly talented!! And Damon too! What a beautiful baby quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quilt is so beautiful! You did an amazing job picking out the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Jaclyn! You know it was a miracle that I got it to look as good as I did on my own!

    ReplyDelete