Wednesday, January 18, 2012




Here is Colton's awesome quilt. He has been waiting for-ev-er for it and I'm so glad to be done. I love the colors, they rock! But, sadly again, I had binding problems. Binding, binding, oh how I loathe thee.



I bought most of the fabrics from the quilt shop I took you to when you came. The backing I bought from a site called Fabric.com This is a great place to buy good, cute fabric. They have Moda, Amy Butler, Alexander Henry and Riley Blake (my faves) and, obviously, more. Plus, they have free shipping when you spend over $35 to boot! 


$35? That's not hard for me to do. :)

Colton really wanted me to take a photo with him "sleeping with his blanket". He's such a photogenic kid.


  We are finally getting around to sprucing up the children's bedrooms and replacing all brown doors in our home. I'm so thrilled to be finally transforming our ghetto home into something presentable. Though we have a long, l-o-n-g way to go. :)

6 comments:

  1. I love it Clair!! Thanks for telling me where you got the fabrics, I was going to ask. I would like to make one just like that for either Judd or Maxtin. Did you buy fat quarters or yardage for it? And one more question, what size is it? It really is so wonderful!! Clair, I too am going to start a battle w/ my weight. Every time I look at my reflection I am so disappointed w/ myself. I would love to see the picture! You are so hard on yourself. Clair, you are one of the most beautiful women I've met. And what is even more beautiful is you are not only beautiful on the outside, but on the inside also! If I could be half the women you are I would be delighted!! Thank you for doing this for me, I look forward to each new post! Make sure to send me pictures of the house, I am so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Tell Colton thanks for posing w/ his blanket, it was such a cute picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Susan! You're so nice! I don't know if I'll post a photo of me but I'll put up the photo's of the rooms this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was fat quarters that I used, I cut them into 6x6 blocks. The finished size is 84x96.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Clair! I can't wait to see the rooms!!

    ReplyDelete