Sunday, September 22, 2024

Love Is Kind

This quilt, when I started it many years ago, was intended to be a baby quilt. 

But look at her now! All grown up. Where did the time go? 
Mostly stuck in a tote. 
But now she's out and keeping someone warm.
That's the important part.

I had a hard time finishing this quilt because I ran out of the above white fabric that says "love". And because I didn't run out until it had been years after I bought it. It was no longer being manufatuared when I found out I needed more. Sadly, I couldn't get it anywhere. I was stuck and glum.

Then finally having someone I wanted to give this quilt to. I needed to come to a resolution. Consequently, I was pretty much forced to use what I had on hand. So I found a gold on white tone and just went with it. 
I wasn't necessarily happy about that either. 
I tried to show you in the photo above but you can't see really it well. 
It's fine. It turnd out okay.
Moral of story; If you don't want to be forced into being creative with your fabric combiations than don't wait years to finsh your quilt.





Gifted to Christine
June 2024






 

No comments:

Post a Comment